emWave PSR Battery FAQ's
- The emWave device uses a high quality Lithium Ion rechargeable battery controlled by an onboard battery management micro controller.
- With one hour of use a day, we expect a lifetime of at least 5 years, providing it is recharged at least once a month, whether it has been used or not.
- The battery is expected to have at least 85% of capacity after 500 full charge cycles.
- Our recommendations are true for almost all products with Lithium Ion Batteries thus: We recommend charging your emWave for 2 hrs. right out of the box.
- There isn't any memory effect so you can start a charging cycle whenever you choose.
- The Battery in the in the emWave device is rechargeable but not replaceable.
- Opening the emWave device will violate the warranty on your device.
NOTE: We do not recommend a deep discharge.
- Since all batteries self discharge after some time we recommend running a recharge cycle at least once a month.
- If the emWave device is left unattended for 6 – 8 months or longer, the battery will deeply discharge on its own.
- When plugged into its charger, the emWave device power management will attempt to recover and recondition the battery.
- The symptom will be that the 5 LEDs at the bottom of the display will remain off, even if the unit has been on the battery charger for a long period of time.
The procedure under these conditions are as follows :
- After a deep discharge, the unit will appear to be unresponsive and not display the normal charge indicator lights on the Heart Action Strip. Plug in the charger and wait 20 minutes. Sometime during that time, you will see the LED indication. (If you do not, unplug the device, wait for 5 minutes, and then plug it back in. Repeat 2 to 3 times if needed.
- Complete the 2 hour charge cycle once the normal battery charging indication has begun.
- Again, for best performance, we recommend recharging the battery at least once a month, if the system is not used.