Troubleshooting and Tips for Using the Sensor
If you are having trouble getting an accurate pulse reading on the Heart Rhythm Display when starting an emWave Session, the following troubleshooting tips will help ensure that you get a good reading. Please see the emWave Quick Start Guide for details on setting up the emWave hardware and beginning a Session.
- Make sure the ear sensor cable is securely connected to the emWave2 or USB module (USB-C is all one piece). The post on the ear sensor cable should be fully inserted into the emWave2 or USB module.
- Before starting up the emWave Software, ensure that the emWave2 or USB module is securely connected to your computer.
- The ear sensor should be attached directly to your earlobe. The ear sensor detects your pulse more easily if your ear is warm! You can warm your ear by briefly holding it with your hands before clipping on the sensor.
Please Note: It does take a while for the body to fully warm up and the extremities to regain their normal blood flow. Exposure to cold increases the affinity of adrenoceptors for norepinephrine. This results in a constriction of the blood vessels and a reduction of blood flow to extremities. The ears may be warm but the circulatory system has to be fully warmed up and that can take time. You need to warm up to the point that your hands and feet are getting good blood flow and feeling warm too.
- For best results getting a reading, please be still and quiet. Talking or moving reduces the accuracy of the sensor. Taking a few deep breaths before attaching the ear sensor may help you to relax and get a good reading.
- You may need to move the sensor to another part of your earlobe or to the other earlobe to get a good reading. After repositioning the ear sensor, it may take a few seconds to register your pulse.
- The ear sensor included with the emWave2, may not fit the USB module.
Please use sensors and modules purchased together.
- We recommend not using a USB hub, plug the emWave2 or USB Module directly into your USB port.
- If you cannot find the sensor on one USB port, try plugging the emWave2 or USB Module into another USB port on your machine. You may need to restart your computer to get it to recognize the device. Agree to all permissions.
- If your still having trouble, try eliminating interference from other USB devices by unplugging them and restarting your emWave.
- Be sure you are running the latest emWave Software. Check for updates frequently.
- Ensure your sensor is clean. It could be as simple as a buildup of skin oil on the sensor windows. To clean the sensor, use ONLY a couple of drops of alcohol on a soft cloth, and wipe the inside/skin contact point of the sensor. NOTE: it is imperative that the rag not be dripping wet; if ANY liquid gets into the sensor, it will be ruined.
- Please see the on-line Help in your application if you would like more information.
Caution: Hardware and software purchased together will work as expected. Parts from historical or future orders are not guaranteed to be compatible. For best results, please upgrade to the latest versions of products and use sensors and devices that are purchased together.