Setting up a routine to use your Inner Balance Trainer and/or emWave will help you set a new coherence baseline and give you the maximum benefits from this life-enhancing technology. We recommend:
- Use your Inner Balance or emWave 3 times a day for 5 minutes or more each time.
- Have a goal to get at least 300 Coherence Achievement points per day.
- Once a week, add a 15 minute session to build your coherence baseline and resilience.
Start on Challenge level 1 and increase the Challenge level when you achieve 80-90% high coherence in your sessions.
- Create set times to run your sessions such as: first thing in the morning, before a meeting, after lunch or before you go to bed.
- Don’t make using your technology a chore. Create a plan that works with your lifestyle.
- On days where you may not be getting the results you want, be gentle with yourself and perhaps lower the Challenge level.
Tips for Getting Into and Sustaining Coherence
- The best way to shift into a coherent state and improve your scores is to use the Quick Coherence Technique.
- Create presence. The coherent state is different than relaxation. Coherence is alert and engaged, as well as calm and poised at the same time. This is the feeling/state that you want to create.
- Low coherence can be normal when first using Inner Balance or emWave. It doesn’t mean something’s wrong or that you’re highly stressed. However, when you are stressed or distracted, it may take a deeper heart focus to shift into a coherent state.
- The best Challenge level is one where you’re not always in low or high coherence. You may find that you need to raise or lower the Challenge level at different times and that’s fine. You will gain benefits at any Challenge level. (Change the Challenge level in settings menu).
If you are having difficulty getting into coherence or using the Inner Balance or emWave, please click here to visit our technical support website.
Quick Coherence® Technique
For an overview of coherence and to review the Quick Coherence Technique, click here
Science of Coherence: https://www.heartmath.org/resources/downloads/science-of-the-heart/