emWave2® Battery FAQ
- The emWave2 device uses a high quality Lithium Ion rechargeable battery controlled by an on board battery management micro controller.
- With one hour of use a day, we expect a lifetime of at least 5 years, providing it is recharged at least once a month, whether it has been used or not.
- The battery is expected to have at least 85% of capacity after 500 full charge cycles.
- Our recommendations are true for almost all products with Lithium Ion Batteries thus: We recommend charging your emWave2 for 2 hrs. right out of the box.
- There isn’t a “memory” effect so you can start a charging cycle whenever you choose.
- The Battery in the emWave2 device is rechargeable but not replaceable.
- Opening the emWave2 device will violate the warranty on your device.
NOTE: We do not recommend a deep discharge.
(Example: A deep discharge would be leaving it in a drawer for 6 months without charging it.)
- Since all batteries self discharge after some time we recommend running a recharge cycle at least once a month.
- If the emWave2 device is left unattended for 6 – 8 months or longer, the battery will deeply discharge on its own.
- When plugged in, the emWave2 device power management will attempt to recover and recondition the battery.
The procedure under these conditions are as follows :
- After a deep discharge, the unit will only turn on if it’s connected to a power source. Plug it in and allow it to charge for 20 minutes.
- Unplug the device for 5 minutes and plug it back in for 20 minutes. Repeat this procedure 3 times. Note: Usually, sometime during this process, the device lights will come on and the device will begin to charge.
- After 3 rounds, unplug it from the power source and try to turn on the emWave2. If it turns on, plug it back in and continue to charge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours of continuous charging, unplug the device from the power source.
- If it does not turn on, after you unplug it from the power source, your emWave2 battery has discharged to a point where it is now unrecoverable. You may continue to use it while connected to a power source or if it is a recent purchase only, contact HeartMath Tech Support for emWave2 warranty/replacement information.